Family Christian Centre Communique
The below communique is amended to note:
*All public gatherings and events have been cancelled
*Our Sunday service at 10:00AM will live-streamed on Facebook LIVE and YouTube
*Legacy Counselling Centre will remain OPEN
*Please feel free to contact the church at 780-791-3366. We would love to be able to connect and pray with you!
To the congregation of Family Christian Centre:
In light of the heightened concerns regarding coronavirus and our desire for safety and health for you, your family and our city, please review the following:
*If you've travelled outside of Canada within the past 2 weeks or have recently experienced symptoms associated with the flu or the common cold (fever, persistent cough, headache, chills, or unexplained rash), we encourage you to minimize your public engagements. Maybe you could consider joining us for our Sunday 11:30am online service as a means of staying connected and being spiritually encouraged.
*On Thursday, March 12, the AHS Medical Officer of Health announced that Alberta is adopting aggressive new public health measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus in light of this global pandemic. Effective immediately, the government is recommending all large gatherings in the province to be cancelled except for places of worship, grocery stores, airports or shopping centres. Furthermore, they are advising Albertans against travel outside of the country.
*As always, we are dedicated to providing a safe, CLEAN environment for you and your families. In addition to hand soap being available in all washrooms, we have hand sanitizing stations spread throughout the church. We plan on continuing our weekend services as per usual but are closely monitoring recommendations made by local, provincial and federal government agencies. Please know that your safety is our first priority!
At the Family Christian Centre here is what our process currently looks like:
• All of our frequently touched surfaces are being given extra sanitization (i.e., doors, handles, water fountains, tables, sinks, toys, check-in stations, touch screens)
• We have installed several new hand sanitization stations throughout our facility
• We will stop having communion during this time
• We do not pass offering buckets/plates
• We do not pass out bulletins and other materials
• We have stopped doing a greeting time
• We recommend that you spread out a little more for our worship gatherings; often the Right wing and the Front sections of the sanctuary are less congested; please consider using this space
• Our door greeters are refraining from shaking hands while remaining friendly
• We will have cleaning staff cleaning "touch-surfaces" during the worship gatherings
• Our worship gatherings will be 1 hour, allowing for people to move quickly out of our facility and allowing for extra cleaning between events
HOW YOU CAN HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS:
• If you are not feeling well, stay home, rest, and recover. This includes your kiddos. If they have a fever, a cough, a runny nose, a sore throat etc. please keep them home to rest.
• If you notice someone is sick or may not be feeling well, avoid close contact with them.
• Be sure to cover your mouth and nose when coughing and/or sneezing. Cough into your elbow.
• Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time using soap and warm water.
• Disinfect any belongings that you may bring from home with you to church (diaper bags, blankets, etc.)
SCRIPTURES TO DECLARE OVER YOUR LIFE
Psalm 91:5-7 –You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
Psalm 91:10-11—No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
Luke 12:25-26—Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
John 16:33 –I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Continue to read the Bible and pray daily, and do not let fear cripple you. Let’s put our full trust in God, our healer!
If you have any questions or concerns, please drop us an email via:
Or email one of the following Pastors:
Lead Pastor [email protected]
Care Pastor [email protected]
Community Ministry Pastor [email protected]
Assistant Pastor [email protected]
Your Pastoral Staff and Leadership Team!